Sunday, May 9, 2010

give up

God my Creator has recently challenged and dared me to give up.

Do I have what it takes as a pastor, husband, friend, and man to give it all up for Jesus?

Most people in this world, even those who confess they love Christ, do not have that certain

quality of selflessness that it takes to give up everything for Jesus.

I WANT THAT! I want to CONSUME whatever it is from the Spirit of Christ, that gives me that pure, undefiled SelfLESSness.

I am such a selfish jerk, wanting only what satisfies for a moment.

Jesus, I pray please let me be truly set apart for your purposes. I may the only one in a thousand miles who is this crazy, but if I do not live my life this way, who will?

I am so sick of the status quo. the moderate. the menial and mundane, do what i gotta to get by...

I am that person in my flesh, but my SOUL that is owned by Jesus is RAGGGGIINGGGG

to be the man that God has created me to be. RAGING. I should be MAD with selfless love.

I am in love with Jesus, but I could be so much more crazy about Him. HE DIED FOR ME.

His Dad, GOD, gave His Son, JESUS, to us to be the one and only Sacrifice for us so that WE would not Have to DIE.

and still we do not trust Him (?). and still we deny Him??!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man we must be so stupid! we actually think that complaining about what someone said to us on a computer screen is important?

i mean, do we honestly need to spend more time figuring out what shirt to wear, which alcohol to drink, drug to try, person to "mess around with," movie to watch, freshman to insult, adult to cuss at, to get a divorce or not, or what kind of coffee to buy, THAN we need to spend time wondering how we should actually be acknowledging the FACT that there is a God who loves us?

this all does not add up.

let me clarify:

We are stupid humans. we sin. Jesus is perfect. He gave His life for us.

We do not have a chance in hell without Him.

and yeah......thats it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Letting go... giving up, hard thing to in this world that is all about having everything. Having money, the perfect job, perfect car, house, family. Really all we need to do is let go and let Jesus in and allow his awesome Holy Spirit to guide us. Romans 8:5 Jesus selflessness act of dying for this world speaks magnitudes of his love and mercy and all he asks in return is to accept him take up your cross and follow him, for he is there with us. We will question things in our lives whether we have what it takes to be pastor, husband or a man, if we have the Holy Spirit guiding us teaching us and showing us the way then I believe it. Letting go of the things we hold so dear,all our pain and all our fears, bring our brokeness to him for his is there to hold you through it.

    ReplyDelete